We are open and look forward to your visit!
Karin & Team
Cult on Stelvio Pass
Welcome at the Berghotel Franzenshöhe at 2.188m, your hotel on the Passo Stelvio road
Cult, trendy yet traditional, authentic, personal and rustic is the Berghotel Franzenshöhe in a stunning, fabulous location on the Stelvio the Cultural Region Vinschgau in South Tyrol.
Karin H. Wallnöfer in fourth generation owner of this historic property at Passo Stelvio and her stable 7-member team are focused on the welfare of all our guests, whether they are motorcyclists, summer skiers, cyclists, nature lovers or vintage and fast car fans. We are not only concerned about our gastronomic standards; much more the personal well-being of our guests is dear to our hearts.
Therefore not only the marmots of the Stelvio National Park in the pastures surrounding the Franzenshöhe feel in paradise, also you get our money’s worth!
- Lovingly we take care of you with half board or full board in our 3-star Hotel on the Stelvio.Take a break and enjoy our famous "Apfelstrudel" with a capuccino or enjoy South Tyrolean and Italian specialties in our restaurant half way up the Stelvio Pass road on curve 22.
- Our terrace is an ideal meeting place for motorcyclists, bikers and classic car lovers at Passo Stelvio.
- Cyclists, bikers and hikers like to warm up in our bar by the fireplace, or relax in the hotel's sauna and swimming pool.
- Numerous hikes and excursions in the Stelvio National Park start directly in front of our mountain lodge in Vinschgau valley.
- The altitude of the Franzenshöhe is ideal for a holiday with altitude training effect, summer skiing and mountain biking.
- The captivating, almost 200 years old history of this mountain lodge creates a unique atmosphere at the Franzenshöhe.
Planning a holiday or a trip to the Stelvio? Do not hesitate to call us or fill out our inquiry form! Drop by, we look forward seeing you!
Karin & Team
We are on winter break. Thanks, to all our guests and friends who visited us in the summer 2016! The opening of the Berghotel is scheduled for May 19th 2017.
Dear guests and friends of the Franzenshöhe, May 26th. 2016 we celebrate the season opening at the mountain hotel Franzenshöhe. We are happy to welcome you for our seasonal start! Karin and team ...more
The mountain lodge Franzenshöhe closed its doors on the 04th October after several snowfalls on the Stelvio Pass. This days the temperatures reached almost summer feelings, almost perfect for an other trip on a motorbike. If you can't believe it, click on the weather forecast or on the webcam. The Passo Stelvio remains closed, in spite of perfect weather conditions, until the end of May.
From our guest book
Wir müssen wiederkommen
Einmal nicht mit dem Motorrad unterwegs. Das war gut so, denn der Samstag war so verregnet, dass wir lieber Auto fuhren. Zurück aus Livigno sind wir in die Sauna gesprungen, um uns auf das Abendessen vorzubereiten. 5 gänge und einer leckerer als der andere. Das Gulasch war fantastisch. Mit vollem Bauch dann ab ins Bett und die frische Luft und die absolute Stille genossen. Das nächste Mal bestellen wir noch das gute Wetter vor und dann passt alles :-)